From Ryan Orr, Victor Valley Wastewater Reclamation Authority
As a result of the Christmas week storm events that overwhelmed the Victor Valley and devastated counties throughout California, The Victor Valley Wastewater Reclamation Authority sustained severe damage to its infrastructure that resulted in roughly 42 million gallons of untreated wastewater leaking into the Mojave River.[Read more]
Dear APWA Members in Hawaii, Alaska, Washington, Oregon and California:
In the light of the recent tsunami waves that struck Hawaii and are threatening Alaska and the West Coast, the American Public Works Association would like to extend our support to those who have been and may be affected by this disaster. While we assume you all have been in contact with federal and state emergency management officials in your state, we wanted to pass along the following federal aid information for those that may be affected. There are several national resources available to help position communities to quickly and effectively respond to the needs of their citizens. Some of the resources are outlined below: [Read more]
Welcome to the legendary New York “COPACABANA”
As the lights come up in the CWEA “Copa,” you will see amazing performances of renowned Hollywood stars who claimed their fame simply by passing through these doors. Go back in time to experience the excitement and ambiance of one of the hottest nightclubs in the world where the rich, famous and dangerous came to play at the “Copa.” Sign-up for an evening you will not forget!
- Enjoy Social Hour with the music of Marvin Gaye, The Temptations, Frank Sinatra and Donna Summer.
- Fine Dining with the sensational sounds of Harry Belefonte,Tony Bennett, Nat King Cole, and Pei-Chin Low too!
- Check out Elvis’ blue suede shoes, along with Ella Fitzgerald, Barry Manilow, Sonny & Cher, the Blues Brothers, and the Supremes.
- Amazing performances of the “Copa” girls.
- Salsa demonstrations and free salsa instruction by a talented professional Salsa dance instructor.
Evening planned by Jim Langley and Barbara Santos from the City of Simi Valley. To attend purchase tickets at the Annual Conference Registration Desk.
· Build strong communication skills that lead to diverse opportunities and higher productivity
· Hear key concepts about communication skills and how they can be effective for you in the workplace and your personal life
· Gain valuable tips and examples how to apply new communication skills and achieve the next level of success
· Learn from lessons of leaders from all backgrounds, experiences, and career paths
This conference will be hosted in three locations through out California with distinguished speakers broadcast simultaneously in all locations!
An 8.8 magnitude earthquake in Japan has generated a tsunami that could cause damage along coastlines in California, Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska.
Tsunami warnings are in effect for coastal areas in Oregon, central and northern California, and the westernmost Aleutian Islands. A tsunami warning means that a tsunami with significant widespread inundation is imminent or expected. Warnings indicate that widespread dangerous coastal flooding accompanied by powerful currents is possible and may continue for several hours after the initial wave arrival. [Read more]